Air conditioning systems are complex devices that need regular maintenance to ensure they work properly. The issues are more common among older systems that require frequent air conditioner repairs in Ridgecrest, CA.
1. Dirty Filters
Older air conditioners are notorious for having dirty filters that can cause many problems. If your air conditioner has a clogged filter, then it will not be able to cool your home properly. This could lead to several issues, including mold growth, allergies, and even carbon monoxide poisoning. A clogged filter should be replaced immediately.
2. Leaking Compressor
If your compressor leaks, oil is leaking out of the compressor. This oil is what keeps the compressor running smoothly. When the compressor stops working correctly, it can damage other system parts. Parts like the evaporator coil may get damaged if they contact the hot oil. It would help if you had your air conditioning unit regularly inspected to ensure that everything is functioning properly.
3. Noisy Fan Motor
Worn bearings usually cause a noisy fan motor. These bearings are responsible for turning the fan blades. They need to spin at a certain speed to create airflow through the system. If these bearings are worn out, the fan motor will start making loud noises. This noise can be quite annoying and should be addressed right away.
Dryer Vent Problems
Dryer vent problems are common among older systems and require frequent air conditioner repairs in Ridgecrest. They can cause damage to your home if not properly maintained.
If your AC unit isn’t performing well, it may need to be replaced. There are many reasons why this could happen. One reason is that the compressor has failed. Another reason is that the evaporator coil needs to be cleaned out.
Indoor air quality problems are not uncommon in older HVAC systems that have been left unattended for long periods neglecting repairs. As these systems age, they can become inefficient and even fail. In some cases, this can lead to mildew and mold issues.
Ways to Avoid the Problem
- If your system has been neglected for years, you may find that the filter needs replacing. This is especially true if you live in a humid climate where the moisture level inside the house tends to increase over time.
- Check the thermostat settings regularly to ensure that the temperature remains at the proper setting. Many people tend to set their thermostats too low, causing the unit to run unnecessarily.
- Make sure fans aren’t blowing hot air into the home. Hot air rises, meaning that the warm air will circulate throughout the entire house. To avoid this issue, ensure that the vents are located near the floor and away from walls and ceilings.
- Check your ducts to ensure that they’re free of debris and dust. Cleaning and inspecting them periodically is necessary to keep everything running smoothly.
- Avoid using strong cleaning products around your AC unit. These chemicals can damage the coils and cause leaks.
- Over time, air conditioners lose efficiency. To get the best performance from your equipment, regularly clean dirt and dust off the coils to avoid AC replacement.
If you experience excessive noise or low airflow, contact our Michael’s Certified Air, Inc. in Ridgecrest. They’ll be able to help you resolve whatever problem is causing your issue.